The India International Institute of Democracy and Election Management (IIIDEM) has conducted training on Election Management of SAARC Countries. It was conducted by Election Commission of India (ECI) and sponsored by the Union Ministry of External Affairs with aim of promoting free, fair, peaceful and inclusive elections.
- The training course is attended by delegates consisting of Election Management Bodies (EMBs) from Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal, Maldives, Bhutan and Afghanistan.
- The 11 day (5th to 15th December 2016) course encapsulates several sessions on principles and practices for election management.
- During the program, the 28 participants from these 6 SAARC countries will share their experiences on election situation in their respective countries.
- Additionally, it aims to train officials on various aspects of election management like capacity building of stakeholders, code of conduct, voter inclusion and registration etc.
- It will have participatory sessions on ‘Free, Fair Elections and International Standards,’ ‘Principles of Voter Registration and Type of Voter Registers’ and ‘Electoral Systems and Practices’.